Author Topic: A little more of the puzzle  (Read 1782 times)

Richard Melanaphy

• View Profile
A little more of the puzzle
« on: March 08, 2005, 12:58:13 AM »
Hi

My name is Richard Melanaphy and I live in Colchester in Essex, England with my wife Lyndsay, Alastair (my step son) and our son Fergus. I was born in 1966 in Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire England.

Here is a little of the more recent family tree I have gathered from my father...

My parents - John Thomas Melanaphy and Marjorie Denise (Parnham) had a son (me) and my younger sister Margaret Jane, who is now no longer with us.

My father was born in Nottingham in 1940 the only son of Sidney Melanaphy and Elizabeth (Huskison). Elizabeth died when my father was very young.

Sidney Melanaphy was born in Sutton-in-Ashfield and was the youngest son of George Henry Melanaphy (1873-1923) and Sarah Anne (Sheldon)  and they lived in Crich in Derbyshire, England. Sarah Anne died in 1924. The other children from the marriage were Clement, Cecil, Elsie and Albert. My father tells me that Elsie always pronounced and spelled her name Melanathie.

Albert Melanaphy had a son Derek and Derek had a son - Patrick Melanaphy.

George Henry Melanaphy's parents were John Melanathy  (born 1837) in England and Mary (?). George had a brother John Thomas who married Elizabeth Hannah (Briggs). John Thomas died in 1936.

And a little more history - not sure about this yet though...

Thomas Melanaphy (1792 - 1826) married Sarah (Wareham) in 1823 in England. They had a son John Melanaphy (1823 - 1841) who married either Anne Chambers or Anne Sims (?) again in England. They had a son John Melanathy in 1837.

I hope this helps a little. Please let me know if I've remembered any of this incorrectly  - or if you can fill in the gaps!

Best wishes

Richard