Author Topic: Mullanaphy  (Read 1938 times)

mitchsue65

• View Profile
Mullanaphy
« on: December 10, 2004, 08:00:38 AM »
I am doing my family tree & having a hard time trying to trace my gg grandmother's family. On her Baptism Certificate she is down as Susannah Melamphy, parents being Michael & Mary Melamphy, apparently she was born Clarence River NSW Australia 1840/43.On her Marriage Certificate she has signed  Susannah Melanphfy & on her Death certificate, her parents are down as Richard Melanphfy (ships Captain) & her mother is down as Flora McIntosh & her place of birth is as Sydney. No wonder I'm confused !!! Maybe Michael & Mary are her  uncle & aunt & were Sussanah's godparents. If anyone out there can enlighten me, I will greatly appreciate any help.
   Sue
   Bundaberg QLD Australia

hithern_yon

• View Profile
Mullanaphy
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 11:04:12 AM »
Sue
   Funny, I posted about my gr gr grandmother on the same day you did and our info has some interesting  similarities. Go read the post I made about my Sarah Melamphy. On her death cert. it looks like the name may be spelled like you did in your post as 'Melanphfy'. As I wrote the last 3 letters were hard to make out. I could scan the copy and send it to you. I kinda thought if I were down under I might find some info more easily. Apparently not, LOL

Donna Hitz
   Fenton Michigan
   USA

A thorougly Irish girl with a German name
A thorougly Irish girl with a German name