Author Topic: Roll Call!  (Read 5398 times)

Admin

• View Profile
Roll Call!
« on: July 31, 2002, 03:04:02 PM »
Just want to let everyone know I've reset the clock from Eastern Standard Time (EST) to Hawaiian Standard Time (HST) for these discussion forum postings.

And where is the rest of the "Malanaphy" contingent?

Roll Call!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2002, 05:31:11 PM »
quote:

Just want to let everyone know I've reset the clock from Eastern Standard Time (EST) to Hawaiian Standard Time (HST) for these discussion forum postings.

Brian, I've got them right here in New Zealand & hopefully they will introduce themselves to you. Trish & David Malanaphy .
   Regards,
   Daniel G Mellamphy

Daniel G Mellamphy
Daniel G Mellamphy

Roll Call!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2002, 08:36:01 AM »
BRIAN....TWO for the price of one !!!
   I asked a pal in Ireland to get me the name etc of his Barber near Fermoy...back came the reply to-day. Patrick Molumphy. And I think he could be one of Bill & Peggy Malumphy's people. I'm waiting for my brother to have a drive out there & chat to him.
   But my pal  also told me of a Raymond Malanaphy living almost next door to another mutual pal in Cork.... they're going to e-mail me to-morrow.  Looks like you'll have to clear-out the chicken-house for all of the visitors I'm sending your way.
   Regards,
   Dan

Daniel G Mellamphy
Daniel G Mellamphy

Admin

• View Profile
Roll Call!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2002, 04:16:26 PM »
Dan,

Thanks for the message, hopefully you'll hear from them and maybe if they have Internet access they could post a message or two on this site.  I'll try to get some info on the Malanaphy's from County Cavan.
   I didn't know there were Malanaphy's in County Cork.
   - Brian

quote:

BRIAN....TWO for the price of one !!!
   I asked a pal in Ireland to get me the name etc of his Barber near Fermoy...back came the reply to-day. Patrick Molumphy. And I think he could be one of Bill & Peggy Malumphy's people. I'm waiting for my brother to have a drive out there & chat to him.
   But my pal  also told me of a Raymond Malanaphy living almost next door to another mutual pal in Cork.... they're going to e-mail me to-morrow.  Looks like you'll have to clear-out the chicken-house for all of the visitors I'm sending your way.
   Regards,
   Dan

Daniel G Mellamphy

Pattil1954

• View Profile
Roll Call!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2002, 05:53:43 AM »
Hello all,  My name is Patti Melampy and I think I am a distance relative.  My ancestors came from Co. Tipperary, Ireland. I am very new at researching my family so all information is gladly accepted. Thank you and I will be waiting to hear from you

patti melampy lamb
patti melampy lamb

Roll Call!
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2002, 02:37:08 AM »
Patti Melampy Lamb.....
   What a Handle !!!!!
   Guess what ? My son Kieran Married Deirdre Lamb....now we have a flock of Lambs romping across our Genealogy....
   Perhaps you & Deirdre can wag tails at each other.
   Love to hear more about you.
   Kindest Regards .
   Mel/Lambs of the South Pacific

Daniel G Mellamphy
Daniel G Mellamphy

jfmolanphy

• View Profile
Roll Call!
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2003, 04:20:12 AM »
quote:

Hello all,  My name is Patti Melampy and I think I am a distance relative.  My ancestors came from Co. Tipperary, Ireland. I am very new at researching my family so all information is gladly accepted. Thank you and I will be waiting to hear from you

patti melampy lamb

Roll Call!
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2003, 08:30:34 AM »
Welcome Raymond Malanaphy of lovely Rochestown....place of picnics & very fond memories at the Monastery when one of my cousins was a monk there circa 1940's.
   Great to have you onto the Forums.... hope we hear more.

I wonder if your neighbours eventually told you that we were seeking you ????
   Cheers
   Dan/Jeanne NZ

Daniel G Mellamphy
Daniel G Mellamphy

h.e.symons@xtra.co.nz

• View Profile
Roll Call!
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2004, 06:29:29 PM »
quote:

Brian, I've got them right here in New Zealand & hopefully they will introduce themselves to you. Trish & David Malanaphy .
   Regards,
   Daniel G Mellamphy

Daniel G Mellamphy
   [/quote]

Hi my name is Erin Symons nee Malanaphy.My dad is the David Malanaphy mentioned above.I live in Tauranga New Zealand.I have 2 brothers; David who lives in Thames,NZ with his wife and 2 sons and then there is Craig and his wife who live in Cambridge NZ. For a long time I thought we were the only Malanaphys around.Man was I wrong!This is awesome!
   Warm regards
   Erin

Roll Call!
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2004, 02:46:41 PM »
Greetings Cuzzies,
   What a week-end it has been......
   On Sunday I phoned Sue Meier who lives in Bundaberg, Queensland & we got a few things started. She's looking for info on her Michael & Mary Melanophy who arrived in Australia about 1841. They had two daughters, Sarah & Susannah. Sue is descended from Susannah. I understand that Michael was lost at sea 1847. He & Mary (McIntosh) Migrated from Northumberland Gt. Britain.
   To-day I had an e-mail from Brian in Hawaii telling me about Erin.
   As she has mentioned, I had the pleasure of meeting David & Trish & Daughter-in-law (I think) when they arrived in Onetangi Bay one Sunday morning & I spent some lovely time with them & their beaut little doggie. Erin's appearance on the scene is just great news !!!
   I remember David telling me that they didn't have a starting-point re the origins of the earlier Malanaphy who was brought out to NZ in the early days. I believe that Valerie Henshaw may throw some light on the subject as she is connected to interest-groups researching Northern Ireland & Scotland . We'll see if she can give us a lead there. I remember reading about a widow in Glasgow & other Mal/Mel/Mol/Muls in other parts of Scotland....now I'll be frantically searching my bundles of letters & old scraps of paper trying to find their whereabouts.
   Hey, isn't that what Family History is all about.
   Cheers.
   Dan NZ

Daniel G Mellamphy
Daniel G Mellamphy